The sponser of this site is Blais Web Creations. Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 05:52:35 PM
 : Got a question? Just post it here.

+  Dan's Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion NO SPAM!
| | |-+  SORRY, MORE CARBS
« previous next »
: [1]
: SORRY, MORE CARBS  ( 1499 )
jeffwho
: 20

I'm a llama!

SORRY, MORE CARBS
« : November 04, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »

Dan,  I hope this is my last question, these carbs are making me crazy. I replaced the float valves, pilot jets, idle mixture screws and main jets. I removed and cleaned the emulsion tubes, they were dirty. Iím up to the plugs that sit over the pilot jets. The O rings that came with the kits are fatter then the ones that I removed. Is the plug supposed to slide completely into the tube over the jet, thatís how they were when I removed them? Should it move freely in and out?  These O rings will not allow that. The only thing I can do is slide the longer end of the plug into the tube and the O ring sits on the top not allowing it to go in any further.  2002 KZP.
Thanks, Jeff.
Motor Doctor
Dan the Motor Man
Administrator
YaBB God
: 346

Re: SORRY, MORE CARBS
« #1 : January 21, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »

Sorry for the delay in answering this, got some severe house damage from Hurricane Sandy. The plugs you're referring to block off the pilot jets from the float bowls. The only fuel they receive is metered by the main jet. If you leave those plugs out or they leak, the engine will run rich. With fresh O rings, they will have some drag on them when you push them in but not be so tight as to shave material off. I normally put some Dow Corning O ring grease on them before I install.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: