The sponser of this site is Blais Web Creations. Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 01:49:54 AM
 : Got a question? Just post it here.

+  Dan's Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion NO SPAM!
| | |-+  Two Questions
« previous next »
: [1]
: Two Questions  ( 1456 )
2ndsojourn
: 22

Two Questions
« : December 15, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »

Hello Dan,
Hope you are having nice holidays.  Two questions, the engine specs call for the is SE standard for engine oil.  That standard is obsolete, so does it matter which spec we use ?  Are the rear brake disc for the P series interchangable for all years ?

Thanks in advance.
jim
Motor Doctor
Dan the Motor Man
Administrator
YaBB God
: 346

Re: Two Questions
« #1 : January 21, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »

Not that I've ever seen. These motors being air cooled do seem to like the heavier oil in them. Whenever I put the lighter oil in, they just burned it faster. Personally I've tried all the different synthetic oils and didn't see much difference in actual police use but I'm no engineer. The Shell Rotella oils seem to get good write ups and is priced pretty decent. If you want to really spend a lot of time around anal oil guys I would suggest this site:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/
I ran 10w/40 oil during the winter months and 20w/50 during the summer months. When I had engines that were burning oil like gangbusters I would put some really heavy oil in them. It did slow down the oil burning by about 1/2.
As far as I know, all the rear brake rotors were the same, with the exception of the 2002 and newer models. I'm not sure if the discs are different but I know the calipers were.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: